Bsa/ villiers what have i got ?

Home Forums General Help and information Bsa/ villiers what have i got ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi I have just got a ransomes 20″ marquis mower, with a bsa/ Villiers sloper engine on it, but I am a bit confused what model engine it is, is it a F12, Or a F15? as I may need this to order any parts needed, The number stamped onto the crankcase just to confuse me even more is A15/02/02E/4837. any help identifying my engine would be appreciated, ie size cc, hp, or year of manufacture, it has a sticker on the cowl stating electronic ignition or is this a retro fit item ? it also has a Villiers carb, type B10/1 v-2075, with the offset paper cartridge air filter, put some fresh petrol and cleaned out crap in the carb, and she burst into life 1ST pull !!! Thanks in advance from a newbie to this site Cheers Alan

stuart
    Participant

The engine model is A15.These were the later engines with electronic ignition (by WIPAC).

vhgmcbuddy

That will be why it has a good spark then!! also any idea of engine size in cc, am I right in thinking the F12 is 120cc, so the A15=150cc, just curious, also is it ok to use straight sae30 lawnmower oil thanks Alan

charlie
    Keymaster

Looking in my literature collection I have an owners manual for the A15 dated June 1986.
    146cc; 3.2 hp @3400 rpm. spark plug Champion RN12YC or RN14Y gap .030in or 0.76mm. Oil grade SAE20W50 for temperatures above 16F.
    The E in the engine number indicates electronic ignition. Meetens should be able to supply any parts there are other suppliers as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.