Bering Engineering Ltd

Home Forums General Help and information Bering Engineering Ltd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    martin1972
    Participant

Hello to you all!

I’m new to the VHGMC & looking for any information on the above titled company.
    Bering Engineering Ltd we’re originally based at Doman road,Camberley in Surrey, long since gone & little to no other information available.
    I have only managed to locate a couple of old magazine ads for some of their products which were primarily heating systems & paraffin weed burner/flame guns.
    I am looking for info on the latter of the two ( weed burners ) I have two of there weed burners in my possession & all complete & working, I plan to restore both, they are two slightly different models, pics added for reference & they appear to be rather rare items.
    I’m looking for any further information on the company possibly from anyone that may have lived around the camberley area in Surrey around the late 50”s to early 60”s I believe the company was only in business for a rather short period of time, hence why little info & products around.

I have attached 3 images one of a previously restored flame gun & two still to be restored.

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Kind regards

Martin

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by martin1972.
    Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

I have a number of adverts dating from 1959, taken from Amateur Gardening magazine, also a review of one of their flame guns, see below.
    It may well be worth contacting the Museum of English Rural Life at Reading or the Garden Museum at Lambeth. Have you tried a search of Companies House records?

Attachments:
    martin1972
    Participant

Hey Charlie

Thanks for the information, I tried the companies house route but strangely nothing listed there.
    I will try the other places you mentioned & see if anything turns up there.
    It would appear that the company was not in business very long by the looks of things.

Regards

Martin1972

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.