Atco Tractor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,
    Been to the gdsf today and was fascinated to see the Atco Tractor.
    I could be wrong, but it looks like there is one for sale in the auto jumble.
    I’ll post pictures soon.
    Regards
    Shaun

vhgmcbuddy

pictures

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

More Pictures

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

You are quite correct- it is an Atco Tractor but it’s missing some of it’s Villiers engine. The transfers are still legible on the toolbox and there are no implements with it, but I’d say it’s the rarest piece in the sale.
    Did you buy it?

vhgmcbuddy

Sadly no. Couldn’t think of a way to sneak it past the boss. Looks like a challenge but probably worth the effort.
    Just hope someone will save it.
    Regards
    Shaun

vhgmcbuddy

What was the asking price for it?

vhgmcbuddy

I didn’t ask.

charlie
    Keymaster

The price was not unreasonable, considering rarity of machine. I do know another club member has bought it. So it has gone to a good home.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hopefully this tractor will be saved by its new owner.
    Until recently only one of these was known to the club, then a second one appeared and know a third, still rare though. It was a pleasure to see two together at Newby Hall this year.
    We have a number of items in our collection where I have never seen or heard of another but eventually a second and third invariably appear with the passage of time. It just goes to show–its very unlikely anyone has the only one!!
    Good luck to the new purchaser with this project.

vhgmcbuddy

That’s excellent news Charlie. I’m glad it has been saved. I don’t suppose the rest off the engine or fuel tank or any implements were with it ?
    It would be great to here of it’s progress if its possible to restore it.
    Regards
    Shaun

hdtrust
    Participant

Good to see another Atco Tractor appear, this tractor most definitely comes under rare breed!
    Under the heading lost items of the modern world, I know a chap called Mr Wallingfield who owns the brochure and the manual for the Atco Tractor printed in 1932 which was the year of introduction

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.