Atco tank for a butchers bike.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Atco tank for a butchers bike.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I sold this Atco tank on Ebay back end of last year, communicating with the buyer he mentioned he was going to fit it to his bike. So when I packed it up I put a note in with my email address and asked if he could send me a photo of the bike stating it was entirely up to him. New years day these photos arrived, I got his permission to put a photo on here. He stated it’s a 1950s delivery bike married to a modern Chinese engine with an atco fuel tank up front and he would be interested in any comments. I thought the old bike looked good, something a bit different to put together in our sheds, or have some of you already gone down this road.

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

Wow! A homemade motor-cycle. Looks fun, wonder what sort of speed he gets from it? I notice the wrap on the exhaust but some sort of heat shield over that exhaust might be useful!

wristpin
    Participant

Talking of home made motorcycles. BBC2 9.00 tonight, James May’s Toy Story – building a full size motorbike from Meccano. May be worth watching.

will-haggle
    Participant

G-G-G-Granville would be pleased! I’ve got a butchers bike as well, I could always put a Teagle engine on it! I would only need to change the belt for a friction roller! Check out the PCV reg. no., ‘er’s Cornish, m’ansum!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

A man with no nerve by the looks of it !! its not bad for a first attempt,wait a minute I will just have a Butchers at the tank,yes its about a 1950 ‘s one. shame, its taking up some room in the delivery basket. how does he legally stand on the queens highway ?

will-haggle
    Participant

Has to be registered….

vhgmcbuddy

I never knew Teagle did one of those Alan, mine if he be Cornish he be good. Is that a similar engine used on their hedge trimmer. I will try not to put another tank in a basket on here John.

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes I believe it is the same 2 stroke engine.
    Angus thanks for the reminder about James May and meccano (still have all mine in the loft for when I retire).

hillsider
    Participant

The forum will go quiet this evening then if we are all watching James May’s Toy Story.

will-haggle
    Participant

The Teagle bike engine was the same as the Jetcut one apart from a friction roller instead of the pulley, a clutch to drop it onto the tyre and they removed the starter pulley and replaced it with a badge….

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Tidy looking job. I have use the Jetcut in my younger days, bit of a workout. I think Id go for the bike now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.