ATCO 14 Inch Cyclinder Mower 1959 / 60

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects ATCO 14 Inch Cyclinder Mower 1959 / 60

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy
    vhgmcbuddy

having problems so I am trying charlies remedy http://youtu.be/raASwcOgCSQ

three cheers for charlie

vhgmcbuddy

The grass collector is under going some panel beating as we have found that the box has had a few minor collisions in its 60 odd years on this planet. will come straight out and admit that its a job for the experts as the more I try to correct it, the collector develops a dint some where else. I am going to do the best I can with it and then I cannot say that I did not try.

vhgmcbuddy

Have decided to stop making a mess of the grass box and give it a coat of paint. when its dry will take outside and see what it looks like. if its very noticeable some filler will be applied to the most damaged areas. then repaint and look again.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

As promised some snaps of the machine without box and graphics at home in the garden in daylight

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Looking good john! a great job…

darmic1
    Participant

That does look really nice! Now to get mine to this standard…….

vhgmcbuddy

A little rain has sent me to the shed for a remake on the grass box. I mentioned that my panal beating was getting worse so have filled in the larger dents with plastic filler and given another coat of paint. hoping now that it looks better,but need to leave some small ones in so that it now looks used ,and not abused.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Now this coat of paint is dry have had another look in daylight and there was a couple ,quite noticeable when the sun shone so back into the shed for some more plastic padding. I have come to the conclusion that it will never be the new box it once was but I think after the third remake I will have to accept it for what it is. Now must have a word with Titch about decals but will wait until after New Year.

vhgmcbuddy

Its getting there John, top job mate as usual !

vhgmcbuddy

cheers paul,have been in and out of the shed so much lately with this grass box that between the path and the shed there is a sheep track developing !! Must have a word with the farmer

vhgmcbuddy

Have got that many projects on the go at the moment and its hectic,but although the grass box is not included in the snaps it will be available as soon as I can. Have contacted Titch about graphics and this morning they arrived. so here they are and my usual thanks to him and all those who have contributed along the restoration journey.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

well opening the links made my eyes pop out,i guess theres not much restoring needed here ! the new forum is certainly keeping a brest of the times

charlie
    Keymaster

John, post removed and user deactivated. I would recommend not following any links in spam posts as you do not know what they take you to.

vhgmcbuddy

The grass box for this and the 28 inch Atco will be resprayed when I get the garden shed cleared which will not be long now as the new overflow is due shortly

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.