A new engine for the Wizard.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines A new engine for the Wizard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sidevalve44
    Participant

At last, the engine change is completed. The belt guard has been modified accordingly and the idler pulley arm shortened to avoid it fouling the engine casing. A surplus but, brand new B&S throttle cable assembly has been fitted and a Honda exhaust deflector. Just got to try it out now. The allotment awaits !

Attachments:
    chap
    Participant

Well done it looks the part that will be fine.

vhgmcbuddy

Well done, good tidy gob there looks great. I fitted a Honda GX160 5.5 in place of a 5 HP Briggs on my Merry Tiller Major, been well pleased with it over the last two seasons. Nothing wrong with the Briggs when it was running OK but it had become difficult to start and lacked power. I’ve since found out the valves were leaking, especially the exhaust. Reground valves, no wear on the bore so I left things as they were. Now picked up a M T with no engine after looking for some time. So be able to fit the briggs to see how it goes.
    I’m sure you’ll be pleased with your Wizard when you try it out.

will-haggle
    Participant

Very neat conversion…

sidevalve44
    Participant

Gave it its first work-out this morning. Rotovated the last bit of Plot B on our allotment and gave the whole of Plot B a going over again. As you can see from the photos the conditions were less than ideal but, the extra power meant it ploughed its way through without even noticing it and all at a very moderate throttle opening.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.