MG40 N 14783 1963

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines MG40 N 14783 1963

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

I have recently managed to tick another box on my model list by acquiring a 1963 MG 40N French spec machine fitted with Sachs electric start motor and pto driven hydraulics powering the implement crane. Believe it or not in the same week I found an original French Ransomes brochure for the same model.The engine starts and runs well from cold, brakes are a bit worn and it needs a good clean to remove an accumulation of algae. I now have four machines with bonnets and every bonnet is different must have been a nightmare in the stores sorting which bonnet fitted which tractor. I think I am three models away from achieving one of each model , I am missing the wheeled ITW machine, a skimmer and an English spec Sachs engine MG40 with electric start and bonnet, If anyone knows of any of these machines that may be available I would be very grateful for information

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

Do you want to add this to your register Dave

dave
    Participant

Thanks Jonathan, Machine no recorded, engine no would be a great help.
    Good luck with the restoration. I hope to meet you one day.
    Dave.

crawler
    Participant

That looks a great machine. The rear lift looks to be the same design as the MG40 I have. Did it have something mounted on the front? The plates at the side of the engine bay look like mounting points.
    Are you going to do a full restoration or just give it a going over with an oily rag?
    Out of interest what make of hydraulic pump does it have?
    All the best
    Rob

expeatfarmer
    Participant

The previous owner had made up what he thought looked like a bulldozer blade, it was in a fixed position riding the ground on skids weighed a ton and looked awful. I guess it may have had a use as a snow plough as it came from the Alps. The hydraulic pump is a French unit but looks as if it was fitted in Ipswich. I have just replaced the fan belt and fitted a new ammeter as the French jaeger unit was full of mud and u.s.. I have now fully removed the blade and mounts and now need a new bumper as they had chopped the ends off to clear the blade bracing arms. Runs and starts well left hand brake chamber was full to the brim with water and oil despite the jiggle pins in the drain holes. Sprayed it with degreaser prior to a good pressure wash and respray with light oil. I may re paint the bonnet at some point as it is very sun bleached. Those rear cranes are interesting I keep looking at it with a view to adapting it for a pallet lift.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.