Martin Bonser 1 ton tipper vin plate

Home Forums General Help and information Martin Bonser 1 ton tipper vin plate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

My first on this forum, its normally about bees:-)

I have an almost complete Martin Bonser 1 ton tipper with a MK40 Villiers coupled to a 3 speed Albion gear box. The year is March 1960. The problem that I have is that the vin plate is almost destroyed with neglect so just bits of it left. I have the vin number and the engine plate is still ok. What I’m after is a square on picture of a Bonser truck plate so I can get a fresh one made up or at least get something made close.
    I bought this truck last week and after who knows how many years, a lot of bodging to check it did run with fuel leaks everywhere and a drop of fresh oil she purred away much to my delight:-) So now the gearbox has been rebuilt or should I say checked and cleaned with the nut put on the mainshaft that was missing and filled with that unbelievable thick gear oil grease. It shouldn’t leak too bad I guess. The fuel system has all new seals. The carb had the squashed copper float taken apart, reshaped to a dome and re soldered, all cleaned out although it will need a bath!. New ht lead with bakerlite insert. Tomorrow it will be moving under its own steam hopefully:-)

I got this to go with my Little Mayfield and to actually be used for bee keeping as it can turn in tight spots. Only need to get it registered so I can do local deliveries which will be great to do hence the vin plate. Could do it on a Q but an age related would look nicer and then it will be worth spending the extra on blasting and making her look nice once again:-)

Rich

charlie
    Keymaster

Rich, it might be worth contacting vintagebrassplates to see if they can help.

vhgmcbuddy

Cheers Charlie. I will get in touch with them and see. Still might need a reasonable picture if they have not one on file.
    R

frankie-flintstone
    Participant

Bonser Plate bit tatty but getting on a bit

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.