Wheel Horse C121

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Wheel Horse C121

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Making yet more progress wheel are all blasted and primed ready for top coat, started on rotten tin work now. 1st piece was the gear selector. I blasted it which intern revealed some holes so out with the welder…. oh and filler before priming and spraying up.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

question for people what do most people do when painting wheels ?? i.e spray or paint with brush?
    Either is fine as i have invested in a spray gun / compressor

many thanks
    tom

vhgmcbuddy

i always take the tyres of wheels and knock out the bearings on front wheels when blasting them, then i find it quicker to spray them with primer then top coat.
    i think its just preferance tom.

vhgmcbuddy

I have taken bearings out before blasting and i wanted to knock them of the rim but The tyres are that perished the would fall to bits but strange as it seems they all hold air. They wud split if i took off but plan is to get the project on a roll then when ita done ill consider new tyres.

vhgmcbuddy

If I spray wheels with the tyre on. I cut a piece of card to fit the rim and cover about a third of the tyre. This can be moved by hand as I spray, you need card that’s just thick enough to handle.

vhgmcbuddy

Nice project, those C series “hood stands” do like to rust out quite a bit.. I have the remains of a hood stand in similar “rusted away” condition..

vhgmcbuddy

Tom.coming on well. When you get around to painting have you thought about williamsons they do a great high shine paint

vhgmcbuddy

hi john i was going to ask you were about you got your paint from i do remember you telling me quite some time ago.
    I got filler on it way for some of the pannals some need work on them.
    apart from that all is good 🙂

tom

vhgmcbuddy

It can be a problem price of tyres, I’ve never found anybody who is very reasonable but once you get them its not to do again . but you can still have a nice project on older tyres . Keep up the good work

vhgmcbuddy

Hi yeah im going to keep it on old tyres untill its all up and running then get some new ones.
    well update:
    Wheels are all blasted and primed ready
    Blasted both foot plates tonight and primed
    So i am slowly getting through all the pieces although plenty to be on with yet.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Andy body recommend were to get a full set of decal for it, there used to be a guy on ebay who had full sets but cant seem to find him anymore,

many thanks
    tom

vhgmcbuddy

Titch is your man for decals. machinerydecals.co.uk

vhgmcbuddy

fantastic thank you

vhgmcbuddy

Tom we have a member called Titch ,he did my set . PM him on old forum as I am not sure if hes on this one yet

vhgmcbuddy

hiya john the-showman kindly sent me his website address which has his email address on so i have emailed him asking the question.

tom

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.