Wheel Hores deck spindle housing.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Wheel Hores deck spindle housing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

End of year job on one of my WH deck, replacing spindle housings. Been painting them with etch primer for the last few seasons, but mounting holes on 2 have got weak. Aluminum rust, I purchased 3 new housings from USA. Idea to fit old spindles assembly’s in new housings, cheaper option than buying compleat assembly’s. Bearings seem OK, but will have a good look at them when I manage to get 2 more pulleys off. First pulley took a time to free up, kept heating, oiling and use of impact wrench.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Three spindles re housed fitted all new bearings. Deck had a good going over and sprayed with etch primer; will be painted with top coat and Waxoyl before next season. I wasn’t looking forward to this job. But apart from the first pulley being a pain, the rest of it went fine. Cost for three housings and bearings approximately the price of one complete new spindle assembly. New set of blades now and be ready for next spring. This deck is model No 78347, serial 6900001- & up, 1996. Owen.

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

Pleased that you have a good deck and have got it back to excellent condition. It lives to fight another season!

I’ve restored a few mower decks over the years for my tractors including a couple of WHs and not the easiest job as they are prone to damage purely because of their mowing duties.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.