Westwood D1200 Shredder

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Westwood D1200 Shredder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi, I am a new member and just bought a Westwood D1200 ! It comes with a shredder attachment ! Can anybody tell me how it fits or photos of one fitted ? Thx

wristpin
    Participant

From memory there were two types, one fitted on the side of the tractor and drove off the deck, but never saw one in the metal and have no idea how. The second and later type fitted to the rear and used the same mounting bar as the Powered Grass Collector and was driven by the PTO pulley under the seat.
    Post a couple of images, rear of tractor and the shredder and it may help.

vhgmcbuddy

Thx for help, think it goes on back , how do I add a photo here ? It has a 4in square box coming from middle base section and a square hook like bar coming from it !I will try to add photo’s

wristpin
    Participant

Just exchanged emails with a friend who used to work for Westwood and he confirms that the only chipper of that era was side mounted. A square section spigot bolted to the chassis and a mating one on the chipper which he says was a copy of an Alko one.
    Those D1200s were prone to catching fire as a result of engine vibration damaging the fuel line and wiring loom. The engine is mounted on “rubber cotton reels” similar to exhaust mounts and these soften and allow excessive engine movement particularly as it hits the final compression when switched off. So may be as well to check the mounts and also ensure that you have some slack in the loom and fuel feed.
    He says that a rear mounted chipper was not introduced until after the merger with Countax and was not available for the D1200.

On the subject of image size, correspondence on this forum would suggest that Shrinkpix is the way to go. No argument with that but if you are running Windows XP or 7 the reduction facility is there with a couple of clicks of the mouse – that’s all I use!

vhgmcbuddy

Wow ! Thats so helpful thank you so much ! Glad I joined you all ! I will check mounts and lines etc ! Thx again for photo advice ! I can see I have a lot to learn !

vhgmcbuddy

This is the beast! think made 89/90 guess I will be making a mount for it!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I can see where this mounts , anybody have the square mount they can photo or even sell me ?

charlie
    Keymaster

Westie welcome to the forum. That will be a good one to exhibit as I am sure very few people will have seen or even know such attachments were available for these ride on mowers. On the subject of photos, shrinkpic has the advantage it does everything automatically. Note the thumbnail that appears in the forum posting may well be cropped but the image will open to show the full picture.

vhgmcbuddy

Thx Charlie ! It’s going to be a useful place to learn from ! Nice to be able to use a fountain of knowledge ! I am try shinkpic ! Looks good!

vhgmcbuddy

thats a rare bit of kit

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Westie

Sounds interesting . I have an ancient Gazelle W11 Which is or was a side discharge possibly I’m trying to ft the mounting for the rear grass collector . I want to do this to fit the transport box I have waiting in the shed I believe this is another unusual attachment and was not really designed for the earlier Gazelle But I have a drill and a hammer !!!

I also have heard and seen a plough for the Westwood !! This plough seems to be the plough used on the Howard 350 rotavator, though with a different fitting anyone got any details on this ? I do have a 350 plough
    Not sure if the Westwood would be strong enough for serious ploughing but Who nows

Attachments:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.