Villiers two stroke

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Villiers two stroke

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello I have a mk 25c , and after some help about petoil, in my book it says to mix half a pint (300 ml) of oil to a gallon of petrol. Castrol xl oil can I still get this or is there similar oil ? Or will my sthil two mix HD oil good enough at what mix?

And would you recommend adding redex too?
    Thanks stu

charlie
    Keymaster

Castrol XL is still available. When mixing fuel for my SIMAR 56 sometimes I use Castrol XL and other times a modern 2 stroke oil, but always in the ratio specified for the machine ie 6%.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Charlie, so I just use my high grade sthil Oil, but to the ratio for the engine, ie 300 ml to 5 litres off petrol.

andyfrost
    Participant

Stew , under no circumstances use any modern oil such as Stihl , for your mixture. Any grade of STRAIGHT 30 grade oil should be used , my choice for all my vintage twostroke machines is Morris.
    On a 25C , the crankcase sealing will not work well on modern oils , your machine will run on them , but it will run far better on a straight 30 mixture.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Andy,
    Thank you, I have been and got ,a gallon of Morris ground force, sae 30 oil.

So going on my Villiers book it says half a pint of oil to a gallon of fuel.or four measure’s with the cap.??

andyfrost
    Participant

Stew , yes , if you’ve got the measuring tube fitted to the cap on your tank , it’s four of those measures to a gallon.

Andy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.