Villiers engine not ticking over

Home Forums General Help and information Villiers engine not ticking over

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wingnut
    Participant

i have just restored a bmb hoemate and fitted a villiers engine, the engine starts first pull every time. only trobble is the engine dont like ticking over. evry time you go to shurt the revs it stop. this is the second engine i know to do this.

the engine has a tarperd sharft and a nut on the end so dont know if it was off a water pump or some othe machine which was desinged to run at high speed.

any info or help would be very greatfull.

wingnut

hillsider
    Participant

There are several possible reasons why you engine des not idle ranging from blocked or incorrectly adjusted idling jet to the idle speed being set to low for the engine in this application.
    It would be helpful if you could post a bit more information about the engine, we really need to know the model of the engine and the type of carburettor that is fitted to it to offer any meaningful advice. A photo of the engine would help us to see what you have fitted.
    Ray.

wingnut
    Participant

photos of villiers mk12 hs engine fitted in BMB hoe mate.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Doesn’t have a throttle, as far as I can see. My Spraymobile doesn’t either….

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

If you look at your photo 1106 you can see a threaded hole at the top of the carb. this is where your mixture control screw should be, it is a simple bolt, with a lock nut, this controls the mixture of air and petrol, yours is missing, so you must have a weak mixture, you screw it in to richen the mixture, should be an easy fix.

charlie
    Keymaster

Not all carbs have a mixture screw see below.

wingnut
    Participant

thank you all for your help. i have adjusted the idling jet and made sure it not blocked and even put a new carb on. and this carb dont have a mixture screw.

many thanks regards steven

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.