Villers SC12 Mixer Engine

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Villers SC12 Mixer Engine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello all, things are progressing with this rebuild and finally managed to get the head off. The PO had used some sort of aircraft sealant and boy did it take some getting off. Managed to find a paper filter and holder to fit in place of the broken clear plastic bowl, although I am still on the look out for a plastic bowl (so if you have one please message me).

With things looking good in the cylinder my attention turned to the spark and after a tidy up it became clear that the coil is bad. So, does anybody know where I can get a coil from? Its a SC12 engine but the coil is the same as that on the F12, F15 and 12/2.

Thanks in advance
    Robert

charlie
    Keymaster

Villiers parts are available from a number of suppliers eg Meetens, Villiers Parts. Whilst a new coil will be more expensive than a second hand one it should be certain to work whereas a second hand one will be of unknown reliability. From my own experience if replacing the coil I would replace the whole ignition system points and condenser.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Robbo

I have recently had a need for 2 new coils for Villiers engines, I have been dealing with Jon Cruse at the Mower Centre, Vicarage Road, Hailsham , East Sussex for many years. he stocks new coils for Villiers engines, and they are more reasonably priced than some others, Phone during working hours, not evenings 01323 842447. He is a club member too.

charlie
    Keymaster

Opps I forgot Jon, he recently supplied a coil etc for the clinton engine on my Monro Tiller MG3.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.