UNI HORSE SIX EIGHT 4 MAG ENGINE

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines UNI HORSE SIX EIGHT 4 MAG ENGINE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wingnut
    Participant

hi ya not sure if any one can help. i have bought a UNI HORSE SIX EIGHT 4 with a MAG ENGINE in bits. if any one know any thing about the uni horse or the mag engine id be very great full. would reli like to find a parts manual. thanks steven

wristpin
    Participant

Post the Mag model number and I may be able to help with a manual.

wingnut
    Participant

MAG Engine Type 1040 SRL x 210
    no 39696

franktonpaget
    Participant

The Unihorse Six Eight was available in four models 682,684,685D and Motorway Junior
    They had MAG1040,JLODL425 and MAG 1045 engines depending on model
    Your Six Eight will be either 682 or 684 both fitted with the MAG 1040 SRL 8hp four stroke petrol engine,the only difference I can see between these models is the 684 is fitted with a 12volt battery dynostart, the 682 has a recoil starter.
    Price in 1967 was £396 for the 682 and £435 for the 684
    I attach a couple of copies from the Sales Leaflet

regards FP

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Other Unihorse 68 picture

Attachments:
    wingnut
    Participant

Many thanks is a great help do you have any thing on the MAG 1040 SRL 8hp engine
    i have the 12volt battery dynostart in the box of bits.

wingnut

franktonpaget
    Participant

Wingnut,
    It looks like your tractor was a 684 model, I am afraid I do not have any literature on the MAG engine.
    Perhaps a little research by you on the internet or “help pages” in Tractor and Machinery for example might throw up some information
    regards Joe Paget

chap
    Participant

Hello steven here we are at last finaly up amd running a bit different now.

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Lovely job you have there, you do not see many of this model Uni-Horse about and looking at dates on literature I have it must be 50 years old !!
    AS you have the optional rear wheel weights (original cost £10) you are well set up for ploughing with the 10″ plough or using the cultivator,rotary cultivator or discs.

Uni-Horse seemed to offer a wide range of optional equipment for these machines in a effort I presume to cater for all sorts of users

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.