Trusty Steed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I was having a clear out last night and came across an old style log book for a trusty steed. Not sure how it comes to be in my possession, I did own a steed once upon a time, but not this one. Anyway I just wondered if this machine is still in existence or if anyone knows of it. The details are, Registration mark TJH 437, Chassis number NTS B 168. First registered on 15th November 1954, to Mrs Betty Winifred Ludford, Bulstrode Lane, Felden, Hemel Hempstead. It has one change of ownership to David John Jones, Long Lane, Bovingdon, Herts, possibly in 1967 and that seems to be the last time it was taxed. It cost nothing to tax as it was registered as a Agri Tractor. The tractor part has been crossed out at some point and changed to Agri Machine. Sorry cant add a photo as camera is playing silly buggers.

will-haggle
    Participant

Very interesting, any other Steed owners got a log book?

charlie
    Keymaster

Our club chairman should be able to give information about this machine from the records and register he has.

trusty220
    Keymaster

The machine that you speak of is still in existence and is on the Trusty Register. It was sold to a dealer called L. Thornley on 30th April, 1951, and is fitted with a Norton engine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.