Trusty earthquake photos

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Trusty earthquake photos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

just a couple of photos for general interest showing my Trusty earthquake and auto gardener. As you can see they have to work hard for a living mechanically sound cosmetically ok hope they are of interest.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Has the Earthquake had an engine swop, I see the gear lever is also further back than on my machine. Always good to see machines still working as they were intended. I still use my Earthquake.

vhgmcbuddy

The engine is not standard. It is fitted with a B/S ,not exactly sure of the horse power as their are no codes stamped on the cowl,so it must have been replaced at some time.When i bought the Trusty it was fitted with the remains of what may have been a JAP 6 .It was so nose heavy the previous owner had fitted a tool box made of boiler plate on to the handlebars.

andyfrost
    Participant

Very nice , I’d much prefer to see a ” cosmetically ok” machine working and running as it should , rather than a fully painted job doing nothing.
    Keep them at it.

Andy.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I see that you’ve managed to work out how to load the pictures on the forum- well done, it’s always great to welcome another user on here.
    It looks like the early type of Earthquake that you don’t see much of these days. If anyone doesn’t know the difference then here are two pictures of the early and late types.
    I’m sorry about the picture quality, but they are original brochures and the pictures are printed like newspaper with a series of dots. When they are reduced by Shrinkpic to fit on here they don’t seem to like the lower resolution. You can see the general idea, though, one is taller and shorter whereas the later one is longer with a lower centre of gravity.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the kind comments.Didnt realise how different my model trusty is to the others,really boxy.The main drive also seems to stick out a lot further.Still does a good job when i cant get in with my Gem. After recently using both the Trusty and Gem at work the landscape contractors i was working along side all commented how much better they were than there modern tillers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.