Troy Tractorvater

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    crawler
    Participant

Hi Tony
    That’s odd, all the pictures in the brochures show a round section handle. It certainly looks like your machine had a different style of handle though.
    There was a member called ‘rolloman’ on the old forum that had a Tractivator as well, not sure what model though. I don’t think I have seen him on the new forum.
    Rob

crawler
    Participant

Hi Tony
    I’m on my phone so I hope this works. Just did a search on the old forum and found a photo that ‘rollo man’ posted. It is a mk2 that he has and it has a different handle to what the brochures show. I’m not sure if he is still a member. At least it shows that the bracket at the back of yours is original.
    Rob

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob thanks for the photo, my thoughts are along those lines, maybe more than one Modle of the Mark2 was produced or a fault with the handle designs who knows, I’ve found nothing in the local library’s but there is still hope on that side as they are looking farther afield & on luck so far at Reading ( merl ). But still trying.

Tony.

vhgmcbuddy

Good day all, I’ve found out just recently some interesting information regarding the Troy Tractivator , they were made in 3 different country’s,1 Australia,2 India ,3 UK.
    So if you have a, 1. Blue background to your spec plates it comes from Australia .
    2. Red background it comes from India .
    3. Black background it comes from the UK.
    I just thought I would pass this on to anyone with a Troy Mk 1 or 2, hope this helps anyone,it certainly cleared up why mine is light green & one in Scotland is dark green both are original colors.
    Tony.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Tony some very useful information there.

crawler
    Participant

Hi Tony, thanks that is some very useful information to have.
    Are you going to try and fabricate some handles for your Troy?
    Rob

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob, yes to the handles, John Little the area rep for South scotland has a Troy with the same handles mine & has sent photos & diagram with all measurements. I am seriously thinking that going by what Brian Bell has writen in his book (seventy years of garden Machinary ) that although we have the Mk 1 & 2 there is also two other models, the Spartan & the Trojan which superseded the Mk 2, I think I have one of those, as for the info about India, Australia, & UK making them can anyone else shed anymore light on this, I belive it to be correct as it came from a very reliable scourse, Hopefully I will be at Milton Keynes with it.

Tony.

crawler
    Participant

Hi Tony
    I don’t know if you have seen it, but there are a couple of photos of a Troy Tractivator in the general section of the forum. On the second page of the ‘Tractor World’ post there are a selection of machines from the auction. The handles look to be of a similar design as to what you need for your machine.
    Rob

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob
    I went to Tractor world that day with the intension of buying the Troy & came with it, a very good purchase it is to I won the machine for £60 so now I have both & I seriusly belive that I now have a Mk1 and Mk2 I will let you know more when I have measured them both and got them standing side by side with photos.
    Tony.

crawler
    Participant

Hi Tony, well done with your new purchase. From the photos it looks to be in very good condition. Can you put a few photos up of your new Troy? Did it have a plough fitted?
    Rob

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob
    As soon as I get it off the trailer & into the garden I’ll be putting a few pictures of both on the forum, yes it has a plough also steel & rubber wheels but not the original engine so I don’t know the machine No. Are you going to the AGM or Oxford bring & buy, as I’m going to try and take both units to the AGM weekend and would like to meet up.
    Tony.

crawler
    Participant

Hi Tony, I’d like to be able to attend but I’m over in Northern Ireland so it would be a bit of a trek.
    Look forward to seeing some photos of your new machine. Those 2 machines will make a very nice display.
    Rob

charlie
    Keymaster

Tony, the AGM was last weekend!!!!

will-haggle
    Participant

This must be yours, then!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

That’s the one I’ll post photos later along with the other one.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.