Troy Tractorvater

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Good day to all & Happy new year. Has any one seen or herd of a Troy unit with a Brushcutter attchment on & complete with handles as the one I have got has no handles,if anyone has could they let me know the size of them also thickness of pipe work/leingth of handles, any info would be good. Thank you.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Not a lot of these around, I hope someone can help…

crawler
    Participant

Hello Tony, welcome to the forum. I have a Mk I Troy Tractivator in my collection.
    I have a plough and set of discs for mine, your brushcutter attachment looks interesting.
    I will try and get you some dimensions for the handle this weekend. Looking at my photos does the rear of your machine look the same as mine where the handle connects?
    Rob

Attachments:
    crawler
    Participant

I’ve got an old brochure that shows the brushcutter, it’s a bit beat up but still nice to have.
    It’s not A4 so I have had to scan the left and right sides separately.
    Rob

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Advert from 1953 issue of The Smallholder magazine showing Troy. I think this topic just shows the wealth of information held by VHGMC members.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the info,the machine I have is bigger than the one shown,I thought it might be a Mk2 but I don’t know,here’s some more photos.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

This one shows the back of the machine.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Rob, any chance of a photocopy of the brouchers, if so give me I call on 01264398210 from Monday and I will give you my address,they could be of some help.Thanks Tony.

crawler
    Participant

Hi, I got the dimensions of my Troy Tractivator handle at the weekend. It’s just taken me a couple of days to get time to sit at my computer. It is sort of buried at the back various bits and pieces and as such couldn’t be got out so I hope the photos are okay.
    The photo of the rear of your machine shows where the rod connects coming from the top of the handles, this pushes in to engage drive to the wheels.
    If the PDF with the dimensions does not open let me know and I can email it to you.
    If you cannot readily source tubing of the correct size you could always turn a short section of steel to fit the hole on the base of your machine and then weld whatever tube you can get on top of this.
    I do not have access to a photocopier large enough to do the two brochures that I have. What I can do is photograph them and then crop the image to the size of the brochure and then email you the pics.

Rob

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob. This is great as I thought I would never get anywhere with this machine so soon but it just goes to show that if you ask in the right place someone one will turn up trumps, so yes email me any thing you have please to anthonyglawrence@outlook.com.
    The picture of the disc cutter & saw is the one I have, look forward to hearing from you
    Thanks Tony

crawler
    Participant

Hello Tony
    I have emailed you the two brochures.
    Be sure to post photos of any work you do on the Troy.
    I’ll try to post the brochures here as well for all to see.
    Rob

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello Rob.
    Your photos of the back of the Troy are different to mine as in these pictures

Attachments:
    crawler
    Participant

Hello Tony
    Have you checked under the ‘U’ shaped bracket that is bolted on the back? There might be a hole through the base section that would take the handle. Have a look at the attached picture, it is a zoomed in section of one of the brochures. It looks like it shows a back end similar to yours. The plough looks like it is mounted via the two bolts that you have at the rear of your machine. From the brochure it looks like the ‘extension tool bar’ also bolts on here. Perhaps this was the standard back end for the mk2.
    Rob

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob thanks for that I will have a look to row and let you know.

Tony

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob I’ve had a look under the bracket & no hole for the handle so the bracket is the handle base as in photos .

Tony

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.