Transporting Ransomes MG2

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Transporting Ransomes MG2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi
    I am hoping to bring my Ransomes MG2 along to a show or two this year. At 10.5cwt, a little over 1/2tonne, my current trailer is not man enough. I could beef it up and just stay under 750kg untracked trailer limit, or buy a braked plant trailer as a replacement, but as always there is a tight budget, so wanted to know how other Ransomes owners transport their machines…..any advice welcome.

Cheers
    Graeme

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

I use a 3.5 tonne twin axle car transporting trailer which enables me to carry three at a time. I also have a 15cwt box trailer which I have used for 1 machine also a twin axle.

charlie
    Keymaster

When I had an MG2 I used my Ifor Williams LM125 trailer.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks both

crawler
    Participant

Hi Graeme
    We use either my 7.5 ton box lorry or twin axle flat-bed trailer behind Land Rover. I would definitely recommend a trailer with brakes. If you get a plant trailer it will usually have built in ramps and be lower than most other trailers which helps loading and unloading. If getting a flat-bed or other trailer don’t scrimp when it comes to getting some ramps. I’ve seen people messing about with planks and it’s just an accident waiting to happen. Our ramps are all steel and we have rubber that we roll out inside to give grip for the tracks.
    Rob

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rob

Thanks for info. I used to use an old horse trailer, but when the horse went, so did the trailer, and now I am one of those guys with planks and a small unsuitable trailer, which is OK for mob paving the Wheel Horse locally, but the MG2 is a different issue, or writhed of them on the main road (I live in rural area).

Small plant trailer seems like best option.

Has anyone put a Ransomes MG into a small box van, my Dad has a Citreno Despatch with metal ramps that he uses to transport his snmall golf buggy. Payload is over 1tonne I think, so should fit and cope with load.

Thanks….see post on starting MG2….. Yes she is running! (Oil pump looks lazy however)

Graeme

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Graeme
    I have moved ransomes crawlers quite happily in a VW T4 van engine to the front works best.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks good to know
    Graeme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.