Traction Engine Club of Ulster Rally

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Traction Engine Club of Ulster Rally

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    crawler
    Participant

Been a bit busy lately so it’s taken a while for me to put these photos on.
    On the 18th and 19th of July we attended the above rally held in Ballymena Co. Antrim. I normally don’t have much to report from any shows we attend here in Northern Ireland as the only horticultural exhibits present are usually my own. Not sure why, but there just doesn’t seem to be many collectors of horticultural classed equipment over here. When exhibiting I always end up either in with the stationary engines or stuck in amongst the big tractors.
    With this in mind I was pleasantly surprised this year to see some other horticultural machines being exhibited along with my own MG40.
    As well as my Ransomes MG40 there was an Allen Scythe, a BMB Plowmate, a Colwood Model A, a Gunsmith 3 wheeled tractor and a Wolseley Titan. While this may not be great compared to shows on the mainland it was very good for over here.
    While talking over the idea of a dedicated section for our machines with two of the other owners they told me that they knew some of the committee members and would put forward our idea. Fingers crossed for a separate horticultural section next year.
    Here are a few photos of the machines mentioned above.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

There are a number of club members both sides of the border in Ireland so it should be possible to get a few more, especially if you have a dedicated section. It sounds as if you are where we were some years ago on the mainland, gradually organisers have realised we have something to offer as a dedicated section. Thanks for sharing the photos.

dave
    Participant

Hi Crawler
    Please send me your Ransomes MG40 machine no and engine details so that I can put it on the
    Ransomes M G register that I am putting together. Well done with the photos, it looks like
    a good weekend.

crawler
    Participant

Charlie, I would be hopeful that if one of the main shows such as this event could be persuaded to provide a dedicated horticultural section then it would help encourage owners to bring their machines along.
    Dave, I saw your register appear in the Survivors section and it has been on my ‘to do’ list to send you the details of my Ransomes. I’ll get the details together and send you the info on my MG2, 5, 6, and 40.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.