Those dark & windy nights!

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Those dark & windy nights!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hdtrust
    Participant

If we have not got enough problems out there with the floods, its those b—-tards who want kick you when your down!
    Last night our new shed was broken into,right next to the house!When can we have the army back to shoot looters on sight.
    Its bad enough struggling in the weather pumping the field out,then coming home to find a break-in what is this country coming too.
    Regards
    Andrew

martin-ellison
    Participant

my heart goes out to you. about a year ago i got about £1000 of mowers. trailer. electric tools taken. police not bothered. martin north yorkshire

vhgmcbuddy

It is truly dreadful, I have had four break ins, I seem to be the supplier of Generators to the travelling community, I have fitted an Alarm Mine, which uses a 12 bore blank cartridge operated from a trip wire, the flash and bang would wake the dead, and i am sure would leave enough DNA splattered around to give the police something to do! the devices are legal. you can get them from Henry Krank in Pudsey Yorks. just remember to unhook the thing when you go in the shed!

charlie
    Keymaster

Andrew sorry to hear about break in, hope nothing irreplacable was taken. Shooting is too good for them, something more painful and lingering would be better.

vhgmcbuddy

When so many rally around to help in these situations, their are these no goods that take advantage of it. These thieves are lowest of the low and should be punished accordingly.

hdtrust
    Participant

This was clearly a professional gang,not content to break in the van but then go onto break in to our sheds.They then followed on to 5 other properties in the village who are also Landscape gardeners and bloody well cleared 2 of them out!
    Now let me remember Mr Prime Minister! We are sending in the Military to help with the flooding in Somerset, so what about all the villages around which are also suffering,why is there not more Police working the graveyard shift! I was told there is only 3 working the Chard area,yes and it was not our villages turn on Wednesday night!
    Funny tonight there is plenty activity,but then there always will be after the horse has bolted.All the BBC can say is there is looting in the flooded properties in Somerset,if that is not a call for every low life to get free pickings,I don’t know what is.
    Just remember tools are not covered in vans nor out houses or in lock ups not owned.
    So Mr Prime Minister when you are in your next Cobra Meeting with the Insurance Companies ask them about tool insurance but I think you will find the answer on the door of the Meeting room (Cobblers not Cobra)

wristpin
    Participant

It is truly dreadful, I have had four break ins, I seem to be the supplier of Generators to the travelling community, I have fitted an Alarm Mine, which uses a 12 bore blank cartridge operated from a trip wire, the flash and bang would wake the dead, and i am sure would leave enough DNA splattered around to give the police something to do! the ldevices are legal. you can get them from Henry Krank in Pudsey Yorks. Just remember to unhook the thing when you go in the shed !

Customer of mine forgot and ended up with a perforated ear drum – allegedly !

vhgmcbuddy

Yes, I admit I forgot once and tripped it off, but it was in the daylight, and after a lifetime of shooting it was of no concern to me, but, you have to think of the thing going off in the middle of the night with a bang from a 12 bore that will wake the village! these thieves have to operate in silence, they are not going to hang around if they trip one of these off!

franktonpaget
    Participant

I do not think it is just theft from your dwelling that is increasing I had a very upsetting incident last year when I had borrowed a friends ifor williams trailer to collect something I had purchased.
    It is a very handy trailer tilt bed with winch makes loading so easy and having collected the item on the way home I called in at one of those filling station/shops so common these days to buy a can of pop parking on the far side of the forcourt.
    In the short time I was inside some robbing sod out of sight removed one of the drop in corner posts which I discovered later when arriving home.I know it was there I had done up the fixing pin to the tailgate and screwed in the securing bolt before leaving.
    It cost nearly £50 to replace but has made me increasingly wary about security in transit, my brother in law who works for a insurance company told me that most caravans are stolen from motorway service stations while owners are taking a break.
    The question is what is the solution ?
    The problem is that a reaction in the heat of the moment that is subsequently deemed excessive would probably result in you ending up in court rather than the robbing sod.
    regards FP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.