the beast

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects the beast

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

well this is the start of my new project i will be building it out of all the scrap thats been kicking about, these first bits are from a mayfield merlin

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Now this is something I am going to watch,sounds like imagination is going to go ballistic Nigel.

vhgmcbuddy

now i had some little wheels that came of an old electrac mower but were to small for what i wanted but as i wanted to use the front axle cos it was wide i decided to cut them up and just use the centres

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

i found some old 12″ wheels drilled a 40m hole in the center and welded thu hubs in

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

then i got a couple of bits of 25m box made a start on the chassis and then offerd a gearbox up to it again this came from the electrac then i plonked some panels on to get the basic lines of my build, i will be fitting 12″ wheels to the back later

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Nice and nostalgic looking Nigel. reminds me of many tractors,and this ones the closest. great start.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

thanks john, well its day 3 of the build, took some 12″ wheels and hubs off one of those old red things and stuck them on the back, found an old diesel engine on the shelf and got it fitted, now you can see why i used the rear axle that i did (the drive is on the left) then i had to make the dashboard 3″ taller to fit over the engine the next job tommorow is to start making the other panels fit. Now the hardest part for me with this build is i want the finished tractor to have the oily rag look and i have never done that before

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Coming along as if you have given this loads of thought Nigel,does not have that bitsa look either.

vhgmcbuddy

havent given it any thought john its just evolving every day out of old bits that have been laying around, got to use them up before my boy has his anual christmass blitz on the workshop and it all ends up down the scrappy,(he abuses the eldery) 😀

vhgmcbuddy

really liking the look of this machine!
    fast progress too.
    at this rate you’ll be able to wrap it up and put it under the tree for yourself.;)

vhgmcbuddy

I wondered if you still had rusty merlin Nigel

Breathing some life back into the old girl!!

vhgmcbuddy

change of heart with the back end it was looking to much like a merlin, so back to the scrap pile , found a seat unit from an atco roller, and ive just spotted an old rusty 40 gal barrel

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I like the sit up and beg seat,gives it a whole new look,and I guess the barrel is to give you some rounded arches for your rear boots. thumbs going up at random !!!!!

vhgmcbuddy

yep, you got it right john had a bit of a mock up today, by the time i get round to making some thing to put my feet on, i think it might look like one of those david brown taskmasters,but we shall see cos ive got know more idea than you at the moment 😀

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

had another couple of hours on her today ive been sorting out front mudguards and running boards 😀

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.