TARPEN 2-stroke generator help.

Home Forums General Help and information TARPEN 2-stroke generator help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stuart
    Participant

Can anyone help me please.I am looking for a flywheel nut for my fathers old Tarpen 2 stroke generator.It has a left hand thread and they are completely stripped (but the crankshaft threads are perfect).I don’t know the exact model of this generator but it has a cooling fan which is driven from a belt and the engine cowling is cast aluminium.The ignition system is by Wico.Hope someone can help.Thankyou :):)

wristpin
    Participant

Unless someone knows the answer I suggest you beg, borrow or buy a set of thread gauges – not expensive – then when you have established the threads per inch and diameter it will be possible to work out what you have.
    I’ve just been through that exercise on a Suffolk engine which turned out to be 3/8 24tpi UNF LHT

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Stuart.
    I know I keep on telling people to use Jon Cruse, but I really think it may be worth trying him.
    01323 842477 He is ‘The Mower Centre’ Hailsham, East Sussex. he has vast stocks of obsolete Villiers parts.
    Chris

stuart
    Participant

Thanks Chris.Im sure the engine is not a Villiers one even though it looks very similar but I will give him a call later today.
    I do have some thread gauges so I will try to determine what pitch they are (they are a fine thread).

stuart
    Participant

OK spoke to Jon earlier today and he has nothing but suggested I get in contact with Ian Mackallow ?? as he tells me he is a Tarpen enthusiast.Hopefully he may read this soon.

charlie
    Keymaster

I think John means Paul Mackellow.

stuart
    Participant

Yes that’s the fella Charlie.Hope he reads this soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.