Stuart turner ap water pump

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Stuart turner ap water pump

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paulivey
    Participant

Hi all.
    Does anyone know where I can get a manual for a stuart turner ap water pump.
    Many thanks

davidbliss
    Participant

Might be a chance with these guys, Panks for pumps Norwich Norfolk might still have info, until I retired used them, they sank a bore for the farm in the early 1940’s and serviced it 50 odd years, also had other things done by them, back then used to cut key ways, had odd other pumps and always had info on them, however they may have ditched the stuff like allot of firms, my farther bought 2 Jap engined Alcons from a sale, AM-WD surplus? as were in crates, one was unused and is still running today albeit rather tatty as used to stand out summer times for years to supply water for cows and washing down, the other was seized and as I grew up got inquisitive and pulled it apart, well it never went back together but did give me some idea how they worked, then the working one done a hissy fit and the bits gave life to the other, this is where Panks came in again, they supplied seals for those old Alcons said those Alcons were different and made most likely made specially for AM, when we retired and clearing out from the farm found still rapped parts for the Alcons evidently as were Air Ministry and came with spares, well after 60 plus years the spare parts one now runs with new bits, and is sort of like new on the outside and odd bits inside but corrosion of the alloy internally was rather bad, the one thats not been touched had masked ignition, both found out had high compression cylinder heads that caused problems, wouldn’t stop running and ran lumpy, both will climb up the pull start aggressively and fall over, so best to be held down while someone pulled.

paulivey
    Participant

Thanks David. Appreciate your help.

wristpin
    Participant

Stuart Turner are still in business , have you asked them?

paulivey
    Participant

Morning. No I haven’t yet but I will as I’ve just been given all their details.
    Thanks very much

paulivey
    Participant

Hi All.
    Have finished the pump now and it’s pumping great. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.