show date and general invite

Home Forums General Help and information show date and general invite

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

I know lots of people go through the calander over christmas and plan their show dates so i thought a better mention the one my family are involved with. STRAWBERRIES AND STEAM 28th –29th of JUNE swindon wilts. We have only been going 25years but have a huge following in the area. A couple of members do exhibit with us but i would love to grow this section You are not tagged on to the tractor section we have a static display area where exhibits are well presented. Camping can be 4 days (free) to suite YOU as you are our show. we have a well rounded selection of steam commercials cars vintage caravans static displays and stalls to name a few. I will put all contact details in the mag and here when i speak to Charlie for permission Ta for now..

charlie
    Keymaster

Just drop an e mail to vhgmc@btinternet.com with full details for inclusion in The Cultivator. I know Colin Hatch from my college days in Swindon.

moggyjim
    Participant

colin and ian hatch still restore steam down at the farm and manage the show. My family handle all the entry paperwork tickets ect. The brothers appeared on the hairy bikers restoration show earlier this year.I will send you details shortly for inclusion in the cultivator.

will-haggle
    Participant

Thanks Moggyjim, we’ll come, I’m showing sprayers next year. I guarantee a great welcome at this event! Happy Christmas to you and the family….

Attachments:
    darmic1
    Participant

I will check my dates, to see if I can bring a Howard or 2…. Its just down the road from me!

will-haggle
    Participant
    moggyjim
    Participant

the show is held at lottmead farm P.Y.O Hence straw berries and steam The farm also has a small air strip so the owner is usually buzzing around in a biplane. Ten mins away is a car boot for the early birds. Last year we installed a raised viewing platform in the trees by the steam driven rack bench so lots to see and eat..

darmic1
    Participant

I know where that is, I grew up in Wroughton, not far away. Used to cycle all around that area

hybridv8
    Participant

Where abouts in wroughton did you live Darren,I live there now.

charlie
    Keymaster

It is a small world, I was born at Highworth and lived at Stratton St Margaret before moving to Somerset. Know the lads at Haskins well as I went there for Land Rover parts. Also know Colin Hatch from college days.

darmic1
    Participant

Hi there, I lived at Wharf Farm, along Wharf Road, just outside the village towards Wooton Bassett. My step father was a dairy farmer there. I used to work at the garden centre on Hay lane, used to be known as Finebush Garden Centre formerly of Chiseldon. Those greenhouses there now were all but destroyed in the gales of 1989, I and many others spent weeks clearing smashed glass and bent aluminium. then many more weeks rebuilding them. They were written off by the insurance company and were bought back by the owner for a pittance. He then ordered crates of glass from Holland and new glazing bars to rebuild them. It was “interesting” carrying those huge sheets of 4mm Horti glass along the 4″ gutters in what was rather breezy conditions!

hybridv8
    Participant

I am just down the road off of maunsell way that backs onto wharf farm,how do I go about showing some pieces at the show moggyjim I’ve been thinking about it for a while but I haven’t got a clue how or what is needed, actually I must admit that even though this is probably the nearest show to me I have never been,I have been to pick fruit but never to the show,if you could let me know how I go about it that would be good and also what exibits you are looking for.I can give you a list of what I have got (quite short) if you need it.

moggyjim
    Participant

The next issue has information on showing or drop me a sae to The manleys 21 buckland close park north swindon SN3 2RP and i will send you a form the more the merrier i will do my best to accomodate you and any needs you may have..ta for now jim…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.