Seized Engines scrap or usable?

Home Forums General Help and information Seized Engines scrap or usable?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

I’m looking at starting to restore my Goodwood motor cultivator but one thing stopping me is the engine. The Villiers 25 that’s on it is seized solid. As I see it I have 2 options either replace the engine for a working one or unseize and free off the original one. Ideally I’d want to keep the original engine but how likely is it that if I get it unseized that the engine will be cost effective to get going again, or is it more efficient replacing the engine. I don’t want to spend hundreds replacing things like pistons and having engine rebored etc. has anyone had any results from unseizing an engine?

martin-ellison
    Participant

when i get villers lawnmower engine that siezed i take out plug fill bore with diesel and leave everyone i have has deseized and have run without stripping down had to leave one for 3 month but started with out stripping down i may just be lucky good luck martin

andyfrost
    Participant

As above , BIDE your time and don’t rush things , at least you have nothing to lose , being fourstroke with aluminium piston I would say your chances of recovery are very good.

Andy.

stuart
    Participant

If its seized on the big end journal (con-rod / crankshaft) due to low oil quantity and quality then you will need to strip it of course.Personally I would strip it all down anyway so you can inspect and clean every part.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.