Sales brochure art work

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Sales brochure art work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

A recent purchase from that online auction site. A work of art as much as a sales brochure.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Must find out how to turn them sideways- every time I turn the monitor on it’s side the power lead falls out!

franktonpaget
    Participant

Very glad it has gone to a good home
    I do not know who designed Landmaster catalogues but those from this era are works of art.
    regards FP

charlie
    Keymaster

Have deleted original upload as they were wrong way round. Hopefully got it right this time.
    Looks like it has worked, although thumbnail is still on its side.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Yes you’re right charlie there certainly is some nice artwork about on these vintage brochures, I have a few in my collection that are a work of art !!

charlie
    Keymaster

Now how about this one. It measures approx 12″ x 16″ and we have it framed. It is a bit of family history as the certificate was awarded to my great grandfather.

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Manufacturers and Agents used to be supportive of Shows and similar events, I have a number of Ransome Ploughing Match Certificates and engraved glasses awarded to Prizewinners.

The Certificates were awarded to L Dixon,who I found out was Les Dixon who was British Champion in 1952 and 1953,would also have been champion in 1951 but after finishing ploughing his father screwed down the rear wheel which was reported and by strict interpretation of rules Les Dixon was disqualified.The Dixon family were all ploughmen from horse then tractor ploughing over three generations they won a total of 786 Championships.

vhgmcbuddy

They are rare, surely they are now in a collectors that have passion of it. What else that are from these era? But, many of these prints today are reproduced, and you hardly get the genuine prints, so always be sure to check the prints you get.

Cheers,
    Lexer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.