Ransomse MG5 track jam.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomse MG5 track jam.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

In between moving machines around today to accommodate the skimmer, I tried moving my MG5, firstly it was a pig to start and when it did it would not slow run, I suspect either slow running jet or possibly yet another condenser failure. The main issue was that when I tried to move it the left track was locked solid, no amount of rocking back and forth or big bars to lever it would free it off. This has happened before and went away, it is not the brakes, anyone had a similar experience ?

ransomes256
    Participant

Jonathan,
    Before you suspect the condenser I would suggest you clean the points as a small amount of calcified deposit can also give a similar result. If you still consider you have a condenser failure would you bring it / them to Newbury so I can test them for you. Additionally how long has it been since you ran this tractor and could it be related to stale fuel?
    Neil

expeatfarmer
    Participant

From past misfortune I now use Briggs and Stratton fuel stabiliser in all my petrol machines. Tractor last ran a couple of months ago, tell tale is showing good spark when tractor actually runs just no slow running, prime suspect is slow running jet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.