Pneulic compost shredder

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Pneulic compost shredder

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello all this is my first time on this forum and I could really do with some help.
    I am restoring for my father an old Pneulic compost shredder mixer serial number 6067154 which was made in the early 1960’s. I’m almost done but i’m struggling to get hold of a replacement continuous combing belt which is 8 inches wide by 36 inches longs.
    I have found a manufacturer in America but they want to charge me over $600 for the belt and shipping!!! Does anybody know where I can get a replacement belt at a more reasonable price and preferably from this country.
    Many thanks in advance.

wristpin
    Participant

Welcome to the forum. Continuous combing belt? Please explain or even post an image .

joegrgraham
    Participant

Try AC Belting of Gloucester, I haven’t got any details to hand, but a quick Google should find them.
    Joe.

hortiman
    Participant

Hi there.
    I managed to get one several years ago from ‘Royer Industries’, I think they import them from the USA, so maybe the same folks you have dealt with.

The only other one I have come across is in Sussex Peter French of Hillside Nurseries used to show it at our local rally there in the 90s. he probably still has it, but I have not been in contact with him for a few years, his Nursery is in Whatlington, East Sussex.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Guys. Thankyou for the responses, I thought I’d post a few photos so you can get the gist of what I’m talking about.
    The problem I’m getting isn’t the belt, everyone does belts Lol, it’s the tines (teeth) attached to the belt where I get stuck.
    Royer industries was the one that wanted $600 for the privilege, which I thought was a bitter pill to swallow just for a belt.
    I am trying the other contacts joegrgraham and you hortiman kindly gave me but I’m not holding out much hope.

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

Are the upstanding combs stapled on to a canvas belt? If so why not try rebuilding what you have with new canvas?

hortiman
    Participant

Hi expeatfarmer & bennyboy

Yes the steel combs were stapled on the standard looking conveyor belting, the replacement one I purchesed 20+ years ago from Royer Industries was not as well stapled as the original one. If someone could cut out some combs for you they could probably be fixed with industrial quality staples, I think they were copper if I remember correctly, I guess pop rivets and flat washers would do the job.
    It could be worth trying Peter French, Hillside Nurseries, he just might have a spare belt, 01424 870315, he is quite an elderly Gentleman now, but keen on his horti machinery.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Guys just a quick update. It looks like Peter French is no more or has moved on, the guy on the other end of the line had no idea what I was talking about what so ever.

So it looks like I might try stapling the tines to a new canvas belt myself. Any idea’s, hints or tips on where is might get the staples and what tool/ tools to use to attach it to the belt.
    Any ideas or thought s would be greatly received. Once again thankyou.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.