Pioneer P12 Chainsaw

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Pioneer P12 Chainsaw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oldgaffer
    Participant

Good evening – I wonder if the great and the good of this forum can help please. Now retired I have made a number of mounted cutaway 2-stroke engine models from old petrol strimmers. I’ve just acquired a couple of donor chainsaws one of which is a red metal cased Pioneer P12. It looks much older than the mass market plastic McCullochs and Qualcasts. Before I cannibalise the P12 would someone would be able to advise if it is significant in the chainsaw world please? I would hate to break it up and give a collector a heart attack. Many thanks.

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

The cutaway engines sound interesting and must have taken a while to complete.

Regarding the Pioneer P12 chainsaw…I have very little knowledge of chainsaws but I have a bit of printed info that briefly mentions Pioneer. Unfortunately, I cannot tell if it’s a rare model or not, but does it run and work or is it past repair?

Advertising appeared around 1981 including for the P12, I haven’t found an earlier P12 model. There was also a P12S model at the same time, it was listed as having a 35cc engine, 30.5cm bar, and a safety chain brake.

Danarm Ltd, Stroud, Gloucestershire were involved with Pioneer chainsaws in the UK and listed many models of Danarm and Pioneer models in the 1970s and ’80s.

oldgaffer
    Participant

Thanks Alan – much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.