petter a1 carb 24t2 ?

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion petter a1 carb 24t2 ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shiftlessguy
    Participant

Hey from across the pond.I have a petter a1 with a zenith 24t2 carb thats havin some issues.Carb was cleaned in an ultra sonic cleaner.The question i have is i think its missing an air bleed jet.Main jet us unknown as previous owner botched it a bit,slow jet is a 45 i need to confirm if its missing the other jet and if so whats the number for that air bleed and a good place for that part.Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    shiftlessguy
    Participant

Forgot to add 3hp petrol version

andyfrost
    Participant

The 24T2 is a very widely used carb , I don’t have the info at hand , but it is available , it will give you the jet numbers according to varying applications.
    One tip is to disregard the main jet and replace it with the variable one , you can then compensate for wear in the butterfly ,(within reasonable limits) which is a common fault. Google up Zenith spares and you should find a host of suppliers of spares.

Andy.

shiftlessguy
    Participant

Ya mine has the vari main jet.

shiftlessguy
    Participant

Has a choke of 14,ya ive googled a bit but no specific #’s on jets

shiftlessguy
    Participant

Any luck on the jet size

trusty220
    Keymaster

Just in case you haven’t found it yet, for a Zenith with a 24T2 fitted with a number 14 choke tube the correct size for the air jet which fits in the hole you’re pointing to is 1.50, with the slow running tube (or jet) next to it being 50.

Don’t forget that you can fine tune the tick over with the Air Regulating Screw on the side of the venturi in the top cover of the carburettor. Remember that it adjusts the air part of the mixture, not the fuel, so screwing it out makes the tick-over mixture leaner (less fuel) and screwing it in makes it richer (i.e. more fuel).

Best of luck with it.

shiftlessguy
    Participant

That could be where the prob is thinkin its a fuel adjust.In talkn to others about alot if them dont have the comoensating jet,my setup has a #45 slow jet.so wondering if this setup doesnt require other jet.noboby seems to have the c1048 soec carb and no info on it either,although its very similar to other carb setups,thanks for the air screw info.Only kits on this side of ponx are the massy ferguson carb setups,and every place icer seas are out of kits for petter carb kits.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by shiftlessguy. Reason: more info
    shiftlessguy
    Participant

One other thing that maybe affecting engine is that fir what ever reason theres a resistor plug on engine.Ive read that an engine that didnt have an R plug to begin with,the R plug will retard timing and spark is not as intense,in watchin a vid or recommended plug is ngk bp6es,nothing over here that will even cross with ut do itll be a coupla weeks before i get 1.Also just an fyi my engine didnt have any starter with it so i put a 7″ pulley on pto side,coulda made a ratchet starter but i like rope starts a bit more friendly especially if it back fires on startup.Orignial sediment bowl and plumbin was f’d up a bit from previous owner so had to put a fuel stop and filter.I will get a pic or two up soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.