Old barn find Planet Jr push hoe model 17 ,info please

Home Forums General Help and information Old barn find Planet Jr push hoe model 17 ,info please

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tim-wrigley
    Participant

Hi guys I recently popped back into to ask info and advise on a real nice model 17 Planet Jr ,it original writing is on the handle and in amazing condition considering it’s 1004 years old and has original spanner tied to the frame, Guys is there any call for these as show or use these days , also I have found from the same source a 2 wheel seed planter with Evesham, I or J gilbe stamped into the top , These two lovely old tools was found in the vale of Evesham so could have been asparagus use maybe !.

If anyone can share interest I would be welcome to hear,all the best Tim.

hdtrust
    Participant

I would love to see a picture of your find Model 17 Planet Junior, I know were made for several years but 1004 year old! Must be older than the reign of King Edward 111 surely a spelling mistake
    regards
    Andrew

tim-wrigley
    Participant

Hi Andrew yes definitely a spelling mistake how about 107 years old ,I will take a few pictures and let you see in a few days, hope the old hoe could be part of a vintage display in the future, hope also some one can shed some light on the seed planter and I will show pictures of that too, thanks for the reply ,Tim.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by tim-wrigley.
    tim-wrigley
    Participant

This is pictures of this Planet model 17

Should I restore it or leave as found ?

Attachments:
    hdtrust
    Participant

Hi its down to you for restoration, but for me I would restore it, good to see the spanner, actually the spanner does help to date the machine, I would say it late 1920’s early 1930’s. If the spanner is what is referred to as a cut away (that means no metal around the letters) then it would be pre 1920.
    The main importers of Planets were Lloyds of Letchworth, better known for their Pennsylvania lawn mowers.
    I’ll put up a picture of yours from one of our catalogues shortly
    Regards
    Andrew

tim-wrigley
    Participant

Hi Andrew thanks for the information,With closer inspection I see this date mark on it is this related to production start or the date it was made ?

Regards to restoring it I would like to keep it original looking as the woodwork is is lovely condition but maybe clean up the metal work up and oily rag it but once started things might change as all good Idea go , kind regards Tim.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.