Nickerson Turfmaster 84

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Nickerson Turfmaster 84

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi, here’s my new ride-on. Bit of a rare bird even when new and nearly extinct now. Anyone else got one?? 84 inch wide cut from 3 cylinder mowers, one each side, one behind. It has hydraulic brakes which is great except the pedal lever is missing. It would be a big cast alloy thing like the clutch has. Anyone got one I can buy??? 😉 I’ve located a master cylinder now.
    It came with the cylinder mowing kit removed and I’ve not put it back on yet. Heavy stuff!!
    The Kohler engine propels it along at a fair lick.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

used to use one of these on local authority work,nice and stable on banksides but a nightmare in busy traffic.Its so low hgvs couldnt see you.

wristpin
    Participant

Used to look after one of the original Horwools before it was reinvented as the Nickerson. All the time it worked it did a good job but eventually the lack of essential parts such as universal joints to drive the cutter units killed it. We investigated modifying off the shelf U/Js but the owner decided otherwise! From memory I think that we found that Bedford CF van steering column U/Js were a possible option.
    As an aside, the younger generation probably have little idea of how easy such searches are now compared with even the 80s when it was word of mouth or time spent in the Public Library thumbing through trade directories followed by numerous phone calls – some still via the operator!

vhgmcbuddy

Johnadi, I have one of these turfmaster 84’s sitting in my shed, does anyone want to give it a home?

vhgmcbuddy

Yes Please!! When can I collect??

vhgmcbuddy

Yes, me please! I’ll have it. My number is 07817 273078.
    Thanks

vhgmcbuddy

GOOD NEWS after a 400 mile round trip dragging a trailer I now have another Nickerson Turfmaster 84 gifted to me by a fellow enthusiast known here as Johnadi to whom I am eternally grateful. Thank you Johnadi, you are a hero, the Turfmasters are very happy side by side in my barn.
    Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.