MonroTiller series MG3

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines MonroTiller series MG3

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Latest addition to my Monrotiller collection is a series MG3 machine. This was an updated version of the series 3 produced by Mechanised Gardening. Main differences are the handle bar arrangement and the Clinton engine. The machine is at present a non runner, no spark.

charlie
    Keymaster

Trying again with images.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

One other problem I had was identifying what model of Clinton engine it was. The plate with that information is missing. After a bit of research on the internet I found it stamped in the cowling it just needed the paint carefully removing. I now know it is a 498.

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Nice one Charlie

What sort of date? Must be a late one, 1970’s?

will-haggle
    Participant
    will-haggle
    Participant

I was looking at a Howard 220 in the auction on Saturday, it has an Aspera engine which was based on a Clinton….

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant
    will-haggle
    Participant

This is a generic set of manuals, might help somebody….

http://www.rucenterprises.com/Clinton/Clinton_Maint_and_Ovrhl_Instr_Guide_newer.pdf

roatavator
    Participant

Now, Aspera, that takes me back. If I remember right my late father had a total of 3 200’s over the years. By far the shortest lived was the Aspera engined one which only did a few seasons. Replaced with a Honda engine which went on forever….

charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, thanks, I have some information which I found in the material the club has from Mechanised Gardening.

andyfrost
    Participant

Charlie , there is a job lot of NOS Clinton spares going on that auction site , may be of help to you.

Andy.

charlie
    Keymaster

Andy, thanks, I had already spotted that. Bit of a gamble as they made so many different engines.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.