Monro Tiller Mk 1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Have looked in spares pile and I do have the parts you need, all I need to do is strip the gearbox to get the gear out.

vhgmcbuddy

That’s brill Charlie as long as it’s not to much trouble , let us know what I owe you .

Swampy .

vhgmcbuddy

I can not put any more pics on , have I gone bust ? is it 3072 KB per topic ?

charlie
    Keymaster

limit is 3072KB per file. e mail the files to me at vhgmc@btinternet.com and I will see if I can upload them.

charlie
    Keymaster

Photos uploaded using shrinkpic.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

It is a bit difficult to make out the wooden chaincase but it is a nice job .
    Thanks Charlie for sorting out pictures .

Swampy .

charlie
    Keymaster

One of the problems with the Monro Tiller and other machines with a similar chain drive to the rotors is the bottom wears out, this might explain the wooden case.

vhgmcbuddy

I never would have thought of that , it’s such a nice job I think I will keep it in place .

I’ve put the clutch back together after a good soak in petrol, its cleaned up nice and I have polished up the drive plates so that should behave .

charlie
    Keymaster

At last I have removed the parts you wanted, worm wheel and gear change, photos below, e mail sent regarding cost.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie,
    I’ve been waying up the rebuild and on looking at the parts list can not find a gasket between the gear cases and I must admit when I took it apart did not find a lot of material . Did they just use sealer ? I have made a new gasket but are scratching my head now.

Any thoughts

charlie
    Keymaster

As far as I know there was no gasket, I have never found one on any that I have split. A very light smear of Blue Hylomar might be a good idea.

vhgmcbuddy

As always I do everything back to front, I made a nice set of gaskets before I asked .
    I will try and update forum during assembly .

vhgmcbuddy

Got your bits today Charlie, well pleased I will have ago at that next week and keep you up to date .

Best Regards Swampy

charlie
    Keymaster

Glad to know they arrived safely and meet with your satisfaction.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie, I was wondering how the oil reaches the bottom gear case when you fill the upper one ,I can not see a path for the oil.

Swampy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.