Merry Tiller Aerator Blades Instructions to use

Home Forums General Help and information Merry Tiller Aerator Blades Instructions to use

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have a set of these “Lawn Care” items for the merry Tiller, Mine has slashing Blades, according to the catalogue they also did a “Hollow Tine” variety, they are weighted , and weigh a tidy amount, but when I tried them on my lawn, they just skipped across the surface, making a few shallow sctatches, not what I was expecting, it must be the technique! does anyone have a copy of the instructions that came with these implements?(usually Alan!) I shall be most oblidged if anyone has a copy . Plonker

stuart
    Participant

The set of MT lawn aerator tines I used to own had a green and red coloured dot of paint on them from the factory so they are definitely “handed”……if I remember correctly red was the Left side and green was the Right side.Dont know if this will be any help to you or not.

will-haggle
    Participant

I’ve no experience but I’m looking through my literature for any pictures etc..

will-haggle
    Participant

No luck so far!

andyfrost
    Participant

I’ve used them (or at least tried) , quite simply the merry tiller isn’t heavy enough for them to work as they were designed to do , unless you have very moist ground or a very soft lawn.
    If you’re using them on anything other than a Titan model your landspeed will be far too high.
    The other major problem with them was stone blockage , preventing the previous cast being pushed out…….all in all not one of MTs great success stories.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

AH Well, That seems to explain it then! Thanks anyway for trying Alan and Andy, I must say my lawn is as hard as concrete, But I have now restored a Titan GT , so I will give it a go with that machine and see, but I think it will need a Hell of a weight on the front to work, be interested to read the original instructions if they do turn up. Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.