mayfield with rotorvator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines mayfield with rotorvator

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Well, There is a bit of bidding frenzy going on in that well known auction site for a Mayfield with a Rotorvator! now I have never seen such a bolt on, and there is no mention of a rotorvator in my Mayfield brochure, does anyone know when it was inttroduced?

charlie
    Keymaster

I believe the Mayfield with a rotavator is the Wentworth, not many made and not a great success so I have been told.

hortiman
    Participant

Here is a Wentworth in action in 2009 piloted by none other than Mr ‘merlin keeper’

Attachments:
    hortiman
    Participant

As you will notice the wheels are further apart than the rotavator unit, which is not ideal for row crop work, also it means running on cultivated ground on each pass. Not surprising it was not a success!
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Very Interesting, never heard of the Wentworth, but the photos show a very different setup than the one advertised on the auction site, that one shows a front mounted unit driven from the same pulley as the scythe, no rotor guide , also the scythe looks different. have a look.

wingnut
    Participant

i see that look wery home made to me. there was also one on there a few months ago that was made from a merry tiller to fit on the back.
    i belive ARUN did make a propper rotovator for the back but only ever seen a pic of one

charlie
    Keymaster

The machine shown in the photos of a Wentworth is a genuine example, not home made.

wingnut
    Participant

i was ment the one on the auction page. i have a wentworth and a addvertising leaflet for it as well.

charlie
    Keymaster

I see, did see one on auction site.

merlinkeeper109
    Participant

Genuine Wentworths have serial numbers that start with the letter R &100 onwards they are very few & far between I only know of 4 mine in pictures has serial number R119

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.