MAG 2055 SRL engine manual

Home Forums General Help and information MAG 2055 SRL engine manual

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Would anybody out there have an engine manual for this engine please?
    Its a twin cylinder fitted to a Ransomes Motor Triple ride on mower.
    I would be willing to purchase a copy,or pay for it to be scanned or photocopied, so that I can get the old girl running again.
    Any help gratefully received.

trusty220
    Keymaster

If you need any help you can pick my brain- I used to look after a fleet of them in the 1980’s and used to know every nut and bolt on them. The 2055 MAG was a particular favourite of mine and came in two versions on the Motor Triple; the only differences were in the carburettor and the distributor.
    A word of warning, though. If you do manage to find an original book for the engine there are two mistakes in it:-
    1. The torque for the head studs should be 40lb/ft whereas the book says something like 25lb/ft- you will end up with lots of blown head gaskets if you use the value given in the book.
    2. If you follow the setting up procedure to time the distributor/oil pump drive then you find that the distributor is timed 180 degrees out; easily fixed- you just swap the spark plug leads over from left to right and right to left (it is only a 2-cylinder engine), but it looks messy.

I hope you have fun with it and any problems come straight back here, we would all love to help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.