Machinery Registers now live on website

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Machinery Registers now live on website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Just in case you’d missed the news item on the front page I thought I’d put a post on here to let you know that the machinery registers are now live; all you need to do is to click on the “Survivors” tab at the top of the front page and it will take you to the main menu for registers. There are only a few at present- all Trusty based because that’s the register that I run- but there will be more as people decide to include their registers as well.
    If you do run a register for a single make please get in touch with me if you want it published here. Similarly, if you have a machine that does not appear on the listings already published just drop me a line with the relevant information and I’ll insert it into the data already published.
    Somebody is bound to say,”Why did you call it “Survivors” instead of “Machinery Registers”?”
    The answer is very simple; I needed a short title to insert in the tab, otherwise the tab would have been too long and the tabs would have been shuffled off the end of the page!

andyfrost
    Participant

Great work Geoff , I , personally like the “Survivors” bit , it is afterall what they are.

Many thanks for some interesting reading.The old saying “you learn something everyday” certainly applies to me here , I never knew early Trustys had a Blackburne engine , do you know of many “survivors”.

Andy.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Only one, and it belongs to me!
    Thanks for the kind words, Andy. What you don’t see is that I’ve been struggling with it every night this week and had a shedload of help from Alan Newbould to sort it out. It’s really Alan that needs the thanks for putting up with me and my problems! Let’s hope they are all behind us now!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Well done Geoff, as was promised the website is growing. I must get my finger out and get some of the Monro Tiller records information scanned.

trusty220
    Keymaster

The Monro records would be a good project to add to my Trusty registers. Now that you’ve seen the format I could do with a little piece about the brand or model, a picture or two and the listing of machines on an Excel spreadsheet. I’ll do the rest so that the format stays uniform for all of the machinery registers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.