Looking for some replacement wheels – I think they were used on a Benford dumper

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Looking for some replacement wheels – I think they were used on a Benford dumper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    crawlersimon
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have a pair of wheels shod in 15.00 x 19 tyres with an unusual (at least to me) three stud/wheel nut pattern which have unfortunately rotted away and are now beyond redemption. I believe I have correctly identified them as being used on the back of some classic Benford dumper trucks. Though I’m guessing the wheels were also used for other vehicles/machinery/purposes?

My next big challenge is to locate some replacements or ones very similar. Does anyone happen to know of any sitting around or where I might be able to source something very similar?

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi Simon
    Glad to see you are getting torn in to the sprayer, the wheels are very rare and so are the tyres, my plan if the wheels wer too far gone was to find some wheels with wrong centres of a size that tyres are easy to buy and then cut out the centres of the old wheels and weld them into the new rims. Not a practice I would recommend for a road vehicle but perfectly safe for this application.
    Good luck looking forward to the rainbows!

crawlersimon
    Participant

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for your further thoughts. Unfortunately the wheels have gone in a number of places – including around the lip so they are also unable to hold new tyres. I’m therefore exploring all options. With the tank even semi filled there is some weight for the wheels to support. If I could find some kind of period replacements (even if they aren’t exactly the same / not the 3 stud pattern) it may be simpler to alter the hubs.

Were you able to find the manual for the pump?
    Simon

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi Simon
    Yes I have found the manual I will post it out to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.