jap engines bought today salisbury.

Home Forums General Help and information jap engines bought today salisbury.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

purchased a couple of two stroke jap engines at salisbury but no idea the size or names of the engines all help appreciated I am hoping to fit the larger to my loyds mower for my working weekend.

Attachments:
    sidevalve44
    Participant

What with my ATCO Villiers attending, there’ll be a nice blue haze over Lotmead Farm !

charlie
    Keymaster

And plenty of noise I am thinking of bringing the SIMAR 56. Had a quick look through my JAP engine literature and could not identify engine, trouble is they made so many different models.

andyfrost
    Participant

I can’t seem to enlarge the pics , but the smaller one looks very much a Model O , 34cc , the bigger one is a model 80 80cc.

Andy.

will-haggle
    Participant

If you can find the engine no. I can find out what they were fitted to. On the second pic. there’s an oval inspection stamp, that should give you the year….

moggyjim
    Participant

the small engine number looks like o/ 39548/28

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

From this it is a type 28, which was fitted to a Qualcast Powered Panther mower. It has an Amal 369/5, 5/16″ choke, 25 Jet, 36″ cable and 3/4″ clip. There are a lot of variations from the standard O type. But the mag is the same Wico I 1263.

Attachments:
    moggyjim
    Participant

thanks alan took of the flywheel cleaned the points checked out the funny shaped mag but no spark. looks like a new mag gulp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.