Iron horse

Home Forums General Help and information Iron horse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    paulivey
    Participant

Hi. Has anyone here got a ironhorse stationary engine? Trying to find out a bit about them and possibly a manual.
    Thanks
    Paul

philip-s
    Participant

A picture would help.
    There was a Johnson Iron horse which is a small air cooled engine often attached to a generator, these were made in America and I believe manuals are available in the US if you search on the web.

paulivey
    Participant

Hi Philip. I haven’t actually got the engine here yet to take a pic. As soon as possible I will. Yes it is a Johnson iron horse 514 series I believe. Thanks for the info.

andyfrost
    Participant

“IF” we are talking about the small charging sets , I’ve always known them as the CHORE horse , never heard of them as IRON horse.

Andy.

paulivey
    Participant

Definitely a iron horse

Attachments:
    paulivey
    Participant

Hi. Does anybody know the points gap on these.
    Thanks

paulivey
    Participant

Hi all. I’m after electrical parts now. Ie condenser, points etc. Anybody know where I can source them. Any help would be appreciated.
    Paul

charlie
    Keymaster

A photograph of the whole engine would help identify it and what magneto it has.

philip-s
    Participant

Jensales do a reproduction Johnson Iron Horse manual which you can download, but it is not cheap.

andyfrost
    Participant

Another option is to try some of the Govt surplus stores , those that have been going for some time bought hundreds of these , and numerous spares..well worth a try.

Andy.

paulivey
    Participant

Here’s the electrical side

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by paulivey.
    paulivey
    Participant

The engine.

Attachments:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.