Identifying a powered barrow help.

Home Forums General Help and information Identifying a powered barrow help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jakg
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m new the the website and was wondering if anyone could help with any more information regarding the powered barrow In the attached images. I’m a vintage tractor owner and have little to no knowledge regarding smaller implements and engines and have acquired this for a little fun drive around our yard with my son. But am genuinely curious regarding the history or make and model / year.

I believe it’s a Villiers engine as it’s has the logo all over the engine, with a 2 speed Albion gearbox I have tried researching the serial numbers on both but nothing matches.

Many thanks for reading and taking the time respond.

Kind regards

Jak

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Not one I recognise, the Power Barrow TW badge would suggest it is a production machine and not homemade. I wonder what TW stands for?

alan
    Participant

I have looked through archives and newspaper adverts and cannot find any reference to a TW (or WT) Powerbarrow. It could be a production machine as the TW logo plate looks genuine.

Where on the machine is the TW logo, is it on the engine, chassis or rear body?

jakg
    Participant

Hi Alan, the TW logo was next to the engine on the drive chain cover ( part of the main vehicle) I have looked over the rest of the barrow and there doesn’t seem to be any other ID Plates or logos apart from on the different components.

Many thanks

Jak

alan
    Participant

Thanks to other knowledgeable people we now know that the power barrow was made by Wage Trucks LTD, hence the WT logo. There is an address of Kelly Bray, Callington, Cornwall. They later became Trac Grip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.