Howard Bantam belt size

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard Bantam belt size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wristpin
    Participant

Sorting out a Villiers Mk 15 engined Bantam for a friend and the belt hanging on the handle bars appears to be too short.
    My Bantam book says A25 and a crude bit of string measurements suggests that the belt is about that, but the machine illustrated is not fitted with a Mk15.
    Does anyone have a Mk15 engined Bantam and know for sure the correct belt size?

wristpin
    Participant

I’ve found another reference that says A26 for machines with a Villiers four-stroke. Can anyone confirm this?

hortiman
    Participant

Hello there Angus.
    The Ferodo manual of 1956 quotes part No 20196 Ferodo belt No V350. cost seven shillings and fourpence. That is for series 1V with Villiers 4stroke engine.

Not sure if this helps.
    Chris

wristpin
    Participant

Thanks, however it seems that inflation has caught up with belt prices, but Simply Bearings have supplied an A26 for just over a fiver and the machine is up and running.
    While on the Howard theme does anyone have any info’ on the Dragon?
    Also I have seen mention on this forum of a company in Cambridgeshire that acquired the Howard brand from Dowdswell but I can neither recall it nor find the reference – can anyone help?

stuart
    Participant

Angus…..the company i mentioned in a previous post was Standen Engineering of Ely,Cambridgeshire.

wristpin
    Participant

That’s the one – the sugar beet harvester people!
    Thanks

hortiman
    Participant

Angus
    I think I have a handbook somewhere for a dragon, is there something specific you need to know?
    Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.