Honda mowers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alan
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research on Honda lawnmowers that were sold in the UK. It’s not the easiest company to follow due to several manufacturing locations worldwide.

The first Honda mowers in the UK were in 1978 with the model HR21 with a cast alloy deck. Then there are multiple model numbers over the following decades – so many model numbers that I’d swear they made them up as they went along.

But I cannot find out when Honda introduced polymer mower decks, and what was the first model to have one. Does anyone know?

trusty220
    Keymaster

From memory, we first saw the polymer decks in the late eighties and appeared first on the 16″ model. I forget if it was a rear roller or four wheeled machine but it may have appeared in both guises.

alan
    Participant

Indeed, in the second half of the 1980s the Honda polymer decks hit the market in the UK.

I’ve done more research this evening and found some March 1986 adverts and an editorial report about the new decks – but nothing advertised earlier in 1985. You are correct that it was a smaller model first, it was the 17″ HR173 and available in both four-wheel or rear-roller versions. This led me to find the Honda manual online which is dated 1985.

Amazing that it’s 39 years since they introduced those polymer decks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.