Help with information about a BMB Cultmate.

Home Forums General Help and information Help with information about a BMB Cultmate.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Guys, I am a new member on here because I have recently acquired a BMB CULTMATE garden tractor that I purchased from eBay, in peices. I think the engine is a BSA original engine, although I don’t know for sure. The only numbers embossed into the engine is- A5342, which is at the front of the engine. The other number is- 86-13 AM, which is on the left hand side of the engine, below the carberettor. Any information about this Cultmate will be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks. Ginger. (P.S.) will upload some photos at a later date…..!!!

stuart
    Participant

Im sure the BMB Cultmate used a BSA 320 engine.

vhgmcbuddy

Stuart is correct, BMB did use the BSA engine on the Cultmate, I have some information on these machines, PM me with your address, and I will copy it for you. Plonker

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Plonker, The engine has no markings on it other than the numbers I have already listed. I don’t think it is a MAP engine, as they normally have j.a.p. stamped on the engine casing somewhere. I would just like to find out the history of this Cultmate….any help would be appreciated. Might be able to upload some pictures over the Christmas hilidays. Many thanks.

andyfrost
    Participant

From memory, it should have either a BSA 320 , or a JAP 4/2 .

Andy.

rollomk6
    Participant

Hi Ginger most definitely a BSA number you said on here is the similiar number to my Tractor the cowling should have a brass plate on it most likely to be a 320 as is mine .
    I cant wait to see the pictures

rollo mk6

vhgmcbuddy

The cowling does have a brass plate on it, but is worn to the point that there seems to be nothing on it. All I need to do now is try and find out what year it was made…..will hopefully put some photos up over the Christmas holidays, as it’s been manic at work…!!!

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Peeps……
    Some pictures that I managed to take before I start some work on her this afternoon….

Attachments:
    rollomk6
    Participant

Hi Ginger thats definetly a BSA Engine the same as my own, have you the side panels it also seems to have two fuel tanks? is there a throttle lever on the handle bars nice machine have you had it running

vhgmcbuddy

Hi rollomk6,
    Afraid there not very good pictures, but it’s quite dark inside my workshop without the big doors open. Maybe put some better pics on here later.
    It only has just one fuel tank, which I have cleaned out.
    There is no throttle cable on there at the moment as I need to get a new one. The old one is not serviceable.
    I bought this Cultmate in peices, as a project, so have not had her running as yet. Just need a throttle cable and a fuel pipe from the tank, to the carberettor. Might make one up with an inline fuel filter in it.
    I have the two original side panel, but they are very thin, and nearly perished, so I will keep them off until I can get two new ones made. (using the old ones as a template)
    Work is fairly quiet for me in January and February, so I am hoping to crack on and get her finished ready for the spring ploughing matches.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.