Has anyone road registered a autotruck?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Has anyone road registered a autotruck?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    peter2ltr
    Participant

Iv restored a geest autotruck and I’d like to get it road registered preferably With a age related Reg number Iv tryed the autotruck club but communication isn’t great to the point I actually don’t think they want to help even though there on the dvla list of clubs to help with registration applications.
    Has anyone done it off there own back?
    Thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

I would suggest the autotruck club but it seems that option does not work.
    For an age related plate you will need to prove age of the truck which is where the autotruck club should be able to help.
    The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs (FBHVC) has a guide to the DVLA which may help see An essential guide to DVLA

peter2ltr
    Participant

Yeh I’m not sure what’s going on with that club to be honest. They reply through Facebook and seemed helpful a first but after gathering up all the information requested they are very reluctant to reply or help further.
    I found out the age through the villiers engine and the engine number matches the engine number on the serial number brass plate under the seat.
    Iv done my fergie along side the Ferguson club so I’m aware what’s required.
    I might just have a bash my self

fatfreddyscat
    Participant

I recently registered my Lister AutoTruck via the Light Industrial Truck Club as road legal. Tom Gilvear (litcclub@hotmail.com) was more that helpful in arranging it for me, although I believe you will need to be a member of the club to benefit from this service. The DVLA appears to be adding more and more hoops to jump through so I’d recommend joining the club if only to assist with your registration – not to mention the other benefits of club membership (such as this one!) I hope I’m not violating any rules in promoting other clubs on this forum but as I have both a Lister AT and a Ransomes MG2 I have a vested interest in both clubs doing well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.