Great Dorset Steam Fair 27-31/08/14

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Great Dorset Steam Fair 27-31/08/14

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dave
    Participant

Had a great time at Dorset. Thanks to Chris Fuller and the team for the
    coffee and cake and the warm welcome. A great turn out of members and a
    very diverse range of machines, well done to all of you, you are all
    a credit to the club and our hobby.

hortiman
    Participant

Thanks to everyone who popped in to see us in the marquee. There certainly was a diverse range of machines this year without too many duplications, at last they seem to have the selection process sorted out.
    We could have sold club regalia, but sadly we were unable to get it down to the show this year, but don’t forget you can order it through the ‘Cultivator’ magazine.
    Yes the wet conditions were a problem for punters and exibitors getting around on the site, it could have been a lot worse! At least it washed the dust off our awning from last year.

charlie
    Keymaster

Apparently the wet conditions did provide additional ‘entertainment’ a work colleague saw an artic with loaded low loader pulled in by 2 Scammels, even applying the artics brakes did not stop them.

charlie
    Keymaster

Thank you to Chris and everyone else that manned the club marquee. The decision not to send club shop items was based on cost of shipping to and from site and potential profit/loss.

jim-beacon
    Participant

I had a good week, despite the weather. Thanks to Chris for providing tea and shelter!
    I took my 1936 Auto Culto EX, which only went back together the weekend before the show, so had more than its fair share of teething troubles, but was running reasonably well by Sunday.
    Thanks to everyone else who took part, or who stopped to chat.

I’m also glad to report that the Gnome has gone to a deserving home this year!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.