Great Dorset Steam Fair 27-31/08/14

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Great Dorset Steam Fair 27-31/08/14

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

Dont forget the Great Dorset Steam Fair is on very soon 27th-31st August, The VHGMC will be having a marquee as usual and all members are welcome to visit, and hopefully man the marquee for a bit and talk to the public about our hobby.
    If anyone can bring some items to display in the marquee they will be very welcome, small items of interest to the public especially welcome. Come and have a rest and a cuppa and take the weight off your feet for a spell.
    If you have not been before the Horticultural working area is large and has up to 100 machines of various types working, with a daily parade around the work area at noon each day.
    HOPEFULLY SEE YOU THERE.
    Chris

How many members are booked in to the section this year ?

chap
    Participant

Weather permitting i will see you wed chris, not booked in just a visitor.

vhgmcbuddy

Are many members of the forum heading to Dorset?
    Going myself on Friday and Saturday.

vhgmcbuddy

Sorry Chris, cant make it this year.

Dont think the other half can make it round

trusty-mad
    Participant

i will be there Saturday and Sunday visiting. i have never been before.

vhgmcbuddy

Would love to be displaying my ransomes dumper on the club stand but I don’t think they will let me bring it in the aeroplane …..

hortiman
    Participant

Come and say hello in the Club marquee, there could even be a cup of tea and a chat for weary show goers.
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Tickets came in the post today so we will be there!!, its our first time, really looking forward to it.

vhgmcbuddy

I keep promising to go and have a look, but there’s allways something that gets in the way. This year it’s a bad hip, maybe next year?

vhgmcbuddy

Just about to leave for the show, with rain coats and wellies !!!

charlie
    Keymaster

I hear on the grape vine that it has been another wet start with exhibitors and traders getting towed in, just hope things dry up under foot.

vhgmcbuddy

Just a couple of photo’s, will put more up when I sort them. We are off there again tomorrow.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

ITV Westcountry had quite a bit on it this evening, vehicles being pulled onto the site…..

vhgmcbuddy

A few pictures of day 2, the weather was a lot better no rain and sunshine ! and it was starting to dry out, nice to meet and chat to you Chris and thanks for the cup of tea just right to swill all that dust down!!

Attachments:
    trusty-mad
    Participant

what an amazing weekend. nice to see lots of people there plus the most horticultural machines working in an area i think i have ever seen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.